Saturday, November 9, 2013

"Trust and Destiny", book 3 of Lefthand Adventures

I'd had "In Deep" as the working title for book 3 of the Lefthand Adventures series but at the last minute it morphed into "Trust and Destiny" with a different cover than I'd planned. It was nice to take a few weeks off while my editors poured over the draft. One thing writing has taught me is that I don't have to be a total do-it-yourselfer. There are people out there with better attention to detail and a better feel for design. I'm really grateful to all those who helped me with this one and donated their time to make it happen. The enthusiasm of my small but growing fan base has been a sheer delight.  When I started out I really wasn't sure what people's response tot the books would be.

As a writer I achieved my first goal the first time I got into print. The next was my first online sale. Frankly when I started this whole exercise I thought it would be nice if I could get a few copies of my books printed for friends and family and if I ever got an online sale I'd be over the moon. Just last week I got my first review in the New Zealand Journal of Natural Medicine for my meditation and relaxation booklet.

If you enjoyed the first two books in the series I know you'll enjoy this one. This is Michael's story:

One minute he'd been Michael Williams, six foot four, short cut brown hair and unassuming brown eyes.  The next minute he'd found himself in a vast boundless void of light and space with no point of reference in time and space. It was immensely peaceful with a sense of oneness and connectedness with everything.  Then he was spat out the other side..


"Who are you?" came a lilting but startled female voice, waking him from his reverie.  


Before him was the most beautiful woman he'd ever seen. She wore a pale blue, almost translucent garment.  Wavy hair the color of softly spun gold flowed down her back.  Her eyes were of clearest sea-green, sparkling like a tropical ocean. He thought he might fall into that ocean and drown in it happily.

No comments:

Post a Comment